Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting back on track

 

Well, I am slightly back on track. And have 2 recipes for you. There arent my recipes.. but there are good and have to share.

My fiance joined a biggest loser competition at work. Ive been waiting for this for awhile. For him to be on bored with weight loss and we can support each other. His one request… healthy meals to eat. Ive got him covered, and its also got me packing a healthy lunch as well.

I am lacking pictures.. but here is what ive done. I planned out the meals and went to shopping. When i got home, it was prep time.

The meal plan goes as such:

Me:

breakfast : fried egg on english muffin with cheese, strawberries, v8

lunch: taco lettuce wraps, deviled eggs

J:

lunch: chicken wraps

Dinner:

Spaghetti with ground chicken meat sauce

Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers

Chicken & Broccoli rice

Pork chops with southwestern black bean salad and mexican rice

Crockpot chicken tacos

 

To begin prep, I started boiling eggs and cooking meats. For the chicken for the grilled chicken wraps I just seasoned the frozen chicken i had and baked it in the oven for about 45 mins. For the taco meat, i followed the recipe. I bought hearts for romaine and pulled the leaves off to use as the wraps. I also cut some of the romaine up to use in J’s chicken wraps. Once the eggs were done i shelled them, cut them open and deyolked them to mix with seasoning and mayo, and refilled them for deviled eggs. The only other prep work I had to do was cut the strawberries and i was ready for the week!

Lunch!

2012-09-04_12-01-51_743

 

Dinner tonight was Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers. They were awesome! I pretty much followed this recipe.

 IMG_1036

But then i decided to add BBQ sauce…

IMG_1037

And then grill the pineapples on top…

IMG_1038

And they were delish!! Cant wait to eat the leftovers!

IMG_1040

Well thats enough for today! I shall return with more recipes soon!

1 comment

  1. These burgers look yummy! I'd prolly not do the pineapple though... But I would do a pound of pickles! :D

    ReplyDelete