Thursday, December 12, 2013

Crockpot Chili

i found a chili recipe several years back that ive used to make my chili ever since. well.. used is a strong word. i use it as a basis but defiantly have developed it into my own. even more now that i dont use the beans. paleo says no to beans. and well, so does my husband.

we eat alot chili around here, and my husband does not complain one bit. we ate it even during the summer when i did my whole 30. but now that its winter, we eat it even more now. and i have no complaints since its so easy to just throw it all in the pot on my lunch break and dont have to cook for dinner, or on the weekend while im doing chores or running errands.

Crockpot Chili

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef (sometimes ill use turkey, but prefer beef)
1 lb. ground pork
1 jar (16 oz) salsa
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
2 tbsp. chili powder
chopped peppers and onions (i prefer frozen, it's alot easier to just throw in)

*if you like beans in your chili, add 2 cans of kidney beans


Directions:

1. Cook ground meat and pork. Drain grease when done. (i sometimes cook my meat ahead of time cuz i usually just run home on my lunch break an throw everything in the crockpot)

2. Put cooked meat, salsa, tomato sauce, chili powder, and chopped onions and peppers into crockpot and give a cook stir. Cook on high for 4 hours. (if youd like a quicker version, throw everything into a pot on the stove and let it simmer for an hour)

(sorry for the horrible picture)

3. Give a good stir (and a good wiff :) ) and its ready to serve. I usually use Frito chips and cheese as my toppings, but you could use any toppings you prefer.

4. Enjoy :)



post signature

No comments

Post a Comment