Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How to cure a bad day

Yesterday was not a good day. Work wasnt going so well, I realized how far away we were financially to buying a house, and I still wasnt on track with my diet as I would like. I would usually turn to alcohol or sweets/chocolate. But, I gave that up for lent. Which made my day even worse. But better at the same time. It helped me see I dont need those things to try to help me feel better. I have always been an emotional eater, and this was a great way to see that I dont have to be.

On my training plan yesterday was elliptical for 30 mins and a strength workout. The strength workout seemed to easy, so I added my own exercises in there. Then it was time for the elliptical. Honestly, I hadnt the elliptical in awhile, so I knew it was going to be hard. I did the first 15 mins and wanted to give up. But i REALLY wanted (and needed) those extra 15 mins. So i decided id take a little break. I went in the kitchen, turned on the oven, and prepped the chicken to go in the oven. Then back to it I went. Then after 5 mins, I went and put the chicken in the oven and some water boiling. Then back for another 5 mins. Then, put my noodles in the water and back to it! It was so much easier breaking it up like that. I didnt feel like I was forcing myself to do. I wanted to do it, just i knew i would need short 2 min breaks in between. But im proud I didnt give up. I started to feel much better.

Dinner last night was broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken and mac and cheese. Not the healthiest thing, but it was easy. I think the mac and cheese made me feel better too :) Gotta love the cheese ;)

I then set out to Sam's for grapes, spinach ravioli, and a bag of roman salad, for my salad in a jar.

I took a detour on the way home for a little photoshoot of a church that just got finished being built. It is also the church the architects I work worked on. Its beautiful!





 Well off to work! Hopefully no bad day today!!

How do you get over a bad day?

No comments

Post a Comment