Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Whole 30: Support

you thought i was done posting about whole 30 huh? well apparently i have a few more things i wanna share before i call it quits. well atleast until i do another whole 30 :)

while i was scanning thru facebook, i came across this. as i read thru this whole 30 timeline i found myself shaking my head and saying "uh huh" to just about everyone single one of them. especially days 10-11, days 12-15, day 21 for sure, day 28, and day 29-30. im glad to know it wasnt just me. but they are all just phases that you seem to make it through. but everyday i was thinking "is this over yet???"

i remember reading this from the book/website: "It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your “struggles”. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime."

while many people think this is hard, it really wasnt. it just puts you out of your comfort zone and isnt convenient. you have to think about everything you eat and prepare. you cant just drive thru a fast food place like many people do. i was more frustrated/annoyed with the fact i had to prepare every single meal. i got tired of cooking. and eggs. i hope i dont eat eggs for like a month. but any new change in your life can be "hard". you just have to adjust.

one way i found it to be less "hard" was all the support i had. bless my dear husband, he had to listen to me everyday whine about it. and everyday i would say "this is hard, i just want some ice cream". oops. but i had an awesome support group. my parents and siblings supported me. i had friends who reminded me everyday to keep going and that i could do it. a few are still supporting me today in my plan to keep going. i dont think i would have made it through without them pushing me along. i sure do love them :)

yes, there were some hard times where i really thought about cheating and giving up. but then i remembered why i was doing it, and wanted to prove to myself that i could do it. and i had so many people watching me do this and cheering me on. how could i let them down too?

so my advice: tell people youre doing this. tell them what its about and how itll change your life. no, they probably wont join you, but i bet youll inspire them to do something. i inspired a few people. they didnt join me, but they supported and followed me. 

so if youre scared to do it, dont be, its not hard. and its only 30 days. and itll change your life. you owe it to yourself.
post signature

No comments

Post a Comment