Sunday, February 19, 2012

I felt like I was flying..

This morning i decided it would be a good day to get a run in. I hadnt run since Tuesday and i wanted to rerun my messed up run, this time went much better. Except that it was windy.. and cold. When i first got to the boardwalk i  realized i forgot my garmin! i have now learned i cant live without it, i quickly went back home (i live just a few miles away) and grabbed my garmin, and back to the boardwalk i went. Parts of the run were a little tough with the wind, but i pushed through. Mardi Gras was in full swing with temptations, luckily they werent open at 8:30 in the morning.



On the last run I had to do i decided to push myself and see how fast i could really go. I gave it all I had. When i glanced at my garmin i said 8:16 pace! Holy crap!! Did i really just do that?? Once i got home and plugged in my garmin to see what the fastest really was, i saw this:



 7:45?!?! hellllls yesss!! I declare that makes me an official badass! though i didnt run that fast for very long, and i had a little help from the wind im so proud of myself!! I really felt like i was flying! And it almost became not an effort. I had to actually stop myself, which i shoulda kept going to see how long i could do it.

I cant wait til i really get back into running and see what i can really do!!


Did you have anything exciting happen this weekend?

No comments

Post a Comment